About BC Cornish
BC Cornish has practiced law since 1980, exclusively in Texas. After serving for two years as a Reginald Heber Smith fellow, she opened her own office in 1982.
She practices what she calls “people law”, representing individuals who have been injured or wronged at work, as well as people involved in family law disputes.
Ms. Cornish tried her first sexual harassment lawsuit in 1984, well before most attorneys or judges in Tarrant County even recognized such a cause of action. She has continued handling sexual harassment cases. BC has sued banks, title companies, insurance companies, car dealerships, bars, cities and counties for sexual harassment. She has also handled cases involving whistleblowers, sex and race discrimination, and failure to pay overtime. Please go to the page for Employment Law for more information.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
BC has represented many people who have been injured in accidents, by unsafe premises. In 2001, she her trial partner settled a wrongful death and serious injury case involving an 18-wheeler for $10,500,000. Ms. Cornish uncovered the truck driver's lies about his speed by relentless investigation. She has sued apartment complexes for rapes and assaults occurring on premises that were not adequately safeguarded. She has sued school districts for the sexual assaults of students and professional counselors for having improper sexual relations with clients. Please go to the page for Personal Injury for more information.
Ms. Cornish has handled custody cases and cases involving substantial estates.
BC is innovative and fierce when she needs to be. Please go to the page for Family Law for more information.
Wills and Probate
Ms. Cornish has written wills and trusts for many clients. She has probated many wills and has guided clients through the complicated guardianship process. Please go to the page for Wills and Probate for more information.
- Emeritus Member Eldon Mahon Inn of Court
- Member and former Board Member of Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- Past President – Tarrant County Trial Lawyers
- Member – Texas Bar Foundation
- Member – American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member – Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member and former Board Member – Women's Section of Tarrant County Bar Association
- Community Involvement
- 1996 – Silver Spur Award for Reproductive Freedom
- 1987 – Texas Women's Political Caucus Good Gal Award
- 1984 – Private Bar Involvement for Pro Bono Services
- Women's Policy Forum